Thursday 22 July 2010

Summer Project

So...the brief was to create a font that represents who you are as both and designer and person and to then present your name in the hand made font. This is what I have so far! Had a nice bit of brainstorming time and took on the fact that i played the cello for 10 years which allowed me to develop creativity in a musical sense as well as an artistic sense. Once I started to look closer at my cello I realised I could find and create all of the letters of the alphabet which quite obviously was a great relief. Once I started to play around with the photographed parts and put them together I thought it started to look pretty successful! Plus its a bonus that you can actually read it...assuming you actually can?
So yeah, this is the idea I'm going for, I was originally going to go for the symbolism of where I live i.e. it being a seaside town so theres lots of great typography along the coasts etc but turns out my friend was also doing the same idea. Therefore, I decided to think a little deeper and use a smaller and more personal aspect of myself and then BAM we have this!

No comments:

Post a Comment